Audition to join 1Radio
What are we looking for in a DJ/Presenter?
Simple, we're after creative people with a talent and passion for radio.
What to tell us in your online application...
- What software do you use?
- What microphone do you use?
- What kind of show will you do?
- What type of music and/or spoken content will you play?
- What type of preparation do you do before a show and how long does it take?
- What will you do to promote your show and bring more listeners to 1Radio generally?
What to send us in your audition...
The audition is to show us how you sound and to demonstrate your editing and productions skills.
It must include the following items for us to judge your suitability for 1Radio.
- Record a spoken link between 2 music tracks (include the end of one track and the beginning of the next) so we can hear your style and judge your music/mic levels. It can be as long or as short as you want.
- Record a short promo that other DJs could use to advertise your show.
- Use your editing and production skills to show us what you can do technically.
- Use the spoken link to demonstrate your personality, style and/or music knowledge and to show how you engage your listeners.
When creating your audition, please remember you're not talking to us. You're talking to our audience!
Instructions on how to send your audition file will be sent AFTER you apply.